Interview with Joie de Jodie


Me and Jodie from http://www.joiedejodie.com/ decided to do a little collab, to get to know each other and for our followers to get know us more! We have interviewed each other and it was great finding out more about her... she is such a lovely girl, inside and out and her blog is definitely one of my favourites to read! I highly recommend that you all go over to her blog and give her some blogger love <3


Soooo on with the interview: 

1. What made you want to start blogging?
I have dipped in and out of trying to start blogs for a number of years, but I never had the confidence to really put myself out there. I have always been a keen writer and loved taking photographs, but adding in my huge love of fashion, beauty and life, it seemed like a match made in heaven! I started my blog in the last few days of 2014, deciding to just “go for it” after building up my confidence over the year, and I did just that!

2. What's your favourite thing to blog about?
I really enjoy writing about skincare, as I have had huge trouble with acne and problem skin in the past. I never really had anywhere or anyone to go to for advice, and had to go through everything alone. I’d really like to share my experience with other people who are struggling with the same problems just as I was, and hopefully help them with product recommendations and tips.

3. What are your holy-grail beauty products?
I use The Body Shop's Tea Tree BB Cream every day as a base as it gives me great coverage without breaking my skin out. I also would not be able to live without my Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick in 01, it's the perfect classic red lip for any occasion!

4. Is there any advice you would give to newbie bloggers?
I'd say it's important to write your blog for you, not for anyone else. Create content which you love and are proud of first, and readers will come with that! Don't put too much pressure on yourself because blogging is all about having fun and being creative. If you want to network and make friends with other bloggers, I'd really recommend taking part in twitter chats!

5. How/has blogging changed your life? 
Blogging has given me a creative outlet and hobby which is completely my own and separate from other aspects of my life. I love to relax and channel my energy into producing a blog post I'm really proud of. It has given me something to focus on other than schoolwork and revision, which in the past I have been far too obsessed with. Blogging has also given me so much more confidence in myself and who I am as a person, as everyone has been so supportive and I feel very free to be exactly who I am and write about what I enjoy with no limitations.

6. Where do you see yourself in the future?
Blogging-wise, I'd love to grow my following and work with brands I love, as it would be so much fun and give me a fantastic sense of achievement as I have done everything on my own. I'd also like to go to University (hopefully Bath) to study French and International Management, and then ideally more to Paris and live the rest of my life working for a fashion/beauty brand, drinking coffee and eating cakes in cute little patisseries, and travelling the world.

7. What's your best piece of advice?
Focus on positive thoughts – If you are too busy thinking about all of your best qualities, chances are you won’t even remember to think about your insecurities. This works for many things in life too, for example if you are worried before an exam and think you’ll fail, you’ll probably perform worse than if you tell yourself “I can do this” beforehand.

8. What quote/motto do you live by?
Some of my favourite quotes include, "If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely" by Roald Dahl and, "If you really want something, you don't stop for anyone or anything until you get it" by Blair Waldorf (I'm a die-hard Gossip Girl fan).

Thank you for wanting to collab with me Jodie :) 
You are such a beautiful girl and you deserve all the follows/love you get <3 
I hope we can collab more in the future!

If you enjoyed this collab... there are plenty more to come on Petals Of Perfection :) 
Comment below any bloggers you would like me to collab with and I'll try and make it happen <3


Comments

Back to Top