2016 Has Changed Me

When I think about life and what it can throw at you, it amazes me how much it can change. Change me as a person. Change my outlook. Change the way I live my life. Up and down, round and round, side to side, the rollercoaster of life truly hits me, day in day out. This year has definitely been a rollercoaster of events. From starting the year in a relationship which I thought would end up being long term, to then the middle of the year when everything seemed to just fall apart. Going from being in a relationship to being single very quickly, to my mental health then plummeting to the ground. I can safely say that the end of this year has been everything I could ever want. 
I started speaking to Rich back in August/September. We spoke everyday. I can't even remember some of our conversations but they would go on for hours and hours. Then in October I decided to take the plunge and meet him in real life (we met on Twitter... pfft who needs Tinder)! When I was walking out of my door towards his car I can remember feeling slightly nervous (purely because all I had ever been taught was to not meet anyone from the internet) but as soon as he said hello to me, I felt instantly comfortable and knew that I could just be me around him. Talking about sex, food, films, poops, anything that came to mind. It's no different to how we talk now! After going on a couple of dates he decided to pop the question... we've now been together for just over 2 months and spend every day and night together! We've even lived together for a week by ourselves and we managed to keep the house in one piece and two cats alive! 
I can honestly say that I have never felt this happy and content with life! Yes, I still have the anxieties of life and depression but Rich makes my days a whole lot brighter! Not forgetting my amazing supportive family and my bestest friends Nicole and Katie. I now have a part time 'job' writing online content for a company, I'm getting nearer to the end of my second year of uni and I may have a potential placement in place! Everything is falling into place.... 
The rollercoaster is slowing down and it's a lot more bearable! 

This year has been a year of love, lust, work, sadness, depression and now endless amounts of happiness. I can honestly say 2016 has changed me as a person but I am happy with the person I have become! 


Here's to my first Christmas without being single, to a Happy New Year and to another rollercoaster in 2017! 

Comments

Back to Top