Why it's ok not to be ok...

Recently I have been feeling a bit 'overwhelmed' with life... and I know that it is going to get harder as I grow up. I worry about things A LOT and I can get easily stressed, so sometimes I need to take a step back and 'get my life back on track'. Most of you, if not all of you reading this, will have some sort of worry at the moment, if you don't then that is fine as well! 

I am in my last year of school and in September I will (hopefully) be going to Uni to study advertising and marketing. This is all new to me and at the moment I don't know how I feel about this big change, but what I do know is that I am going to be ok, and in a few months time after I start Uni, I'll be questioning why I worried so much! 

If you are worried, stressed, upset, confused about absolutely anything, just remember that you are only human and "If it's not ok, then it's not the end". Life is an amazing thing but sometimes it can get a bit much... take a step back, weigh out the positives and negatives and find the thing that is making you feel a certain way. Once you find the problem, then you can begin to solve it... which I know sounds easier said then done... BUT it is doable <3


I highly recommend talking to someone about how you are feeling, whether that's someone in your family, a friend you can trust, a teacher, colleague... ANY ONE! Opening up about how you feel does help... even if you find it hard to open up completely, maybe try to just tell someone that you are feeling a certain way, just so they know and they can be there for you. The last thing you want (well the last thing I want) is to feel alone and isolated! However, sometimes the solution to your problems, is to be alone and have some 'me time'... this gives you time to think for yourself and to be able to get yourself back on track. 

We unfortunately need to go through s*** in our lives, in order to be prepared for the future. One thing I will always remember when watching one of Zoe Sugg's videos, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-iNOFD27G4) is when she was talking about her anxiety, she mentioned; whenever she was feeling panicky or anxious, she would say to herself, "It's ok that I am feeling like this." ... this made me realise that it was ok not to be ok and I was obviously feeling a certain way because this is how my mind and body wanted to react. 

We have to listen to ourselves and pride ourselves over other people sometimes. You are not weak because you are having panic attacks, or you are self harming etc ... this is a sign that you have been strong for too long, without a break! "Crying doesn't indicate that you're weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you're alive." In the words of one of my bestest/strongest/kindest/loveliest friends (You know who you are) Life goes on.... You can either sit back and not enjoy it, while it goes on without you, or you can pick yourself up and enjoy life <3 

Let yourself be happy, don't put yourself through more stress and sadness, you don't deserve it. You need to remember and understand that we are all human and you are not perfect.... no one is.... there is no such thing as perfection. (Yes, I know that probably makes me sound realllyyyy hypocritical because of my blog name but no one is perfect... even petals haha) What even is the true definition of perfection?! No one knows.... 

All I really want to say is... remember that you are not alone and positive times are coming, even on your cloudiest days <3 

"Don't cloud your mind with negativity - with positivity comes sunshine!" 

"Don't worry about the future, be excited!" 

"The first and most important person you must believe in is yourself!" 


"Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can fall together!" 

"If you can dream it, you can do it!" 

I love every single one of you reading this... you are all lovely, kind, strong people and you all make me so happy <3 

I also wrote a post about exam stress last year... I hope that this can help some of you.... also leave comments below to help each other/anyone reading this post... share it and remember that it's ok not to be ok <3 

Comments

Back to Top