My Tattoo Experience || Guest Post by Kate

Hello petals of perfection readers,

I’m baaaacckkkk….in case you don’t know who this is, my name is Kate. I previously wrote a post about not getting into university and having to take a gap year. This post is on a completely different subject, more to do with beauty some may say but others may disagree. Tattoos can prove to be a rather controversial subject. Some argue that they can be ugly and take away someone’s beauty, however I personally find them pretty, and if someone wants to cover themselves in tattoos then I think that’s their choice and good on them. My dad and one of my best friends don’t like tattoos, and both of them didn’t want me to have one...and well I got one done anyway. My parents had a split opinion, my mum didn’t really have opinion either way but my dad really didn’t want me to get one. Sophie was pretty excited like myself about the idea of me getting a tattoo.  
I’d been thinking about getting a tattoo for years, I’ve always wanted one but it has taken me a while to choose my final design. I’ve always said that I didn’t want one until I had a meaning behind one, so until that point I had put off getting one. I finally found a design that I felt represented the memorial behind it. Now all I had to do was book…but where? I personally picked ReppinInk, in Mottingham…and yes I had it done by Sketch, and I know he’s had a lot of bad press recently but personally I’m glad I picked him.

I woke up ridiculously early on the Saturday, just to get ready or some may say I was just too excited to sleep. Sophie, arrived at mine at 9:30 on the dot…and then we walked round the corner to the studio. We were met outside by Sketch, and that was when my nerves or excitement really hit me…I was shaking and pacing a little bit, much to Sophie’s annoyance (love you soph.) He drew up my design in front of me and made sure I was completely happy as well as relaxed about this process. I sat in the chair and I got super nervous. Holding Sophie’s hand, he started…and well personally I didn’t find it too painful. In all honesty, the pain felt like a cat scratches or like you’ve fallen a scraped your knees…which I found rather surprising. Much to Sophie’s disappointment, I didn’t give her the video of me screaming in pain. Throughout the tattoo, Sketch made sure that I was comfortable with the pain, and personally I felt fine. We all continued to chat, and find out all sorts of things. After watching the programme it quickly transpires that what you see is what you get with Sketch, he is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

After what felt like a long time but actually it wasn’t, he was finished. Although I had been watching the tattoo happen, I still couldn’t believe how pretty and how much detail he had included in it. I couldn’t wait to show it off, to all my friends and family. Every time I’ve gone out I’ve made sure that it’s been on show, it sounds sad…but I look at it and smile when I see it.
As you may know, Sophie and I attended the Makeup Revolution Party, and it was my first ‘outing’ where I could wear heels, and show off my tattoo. It was an amazing, I may have gotten a little bit drunker than I would have liked…however still an amazing night. The next day, my mum suggested we go to the café for a breakfast, however she also told us in our glorious state that she needed to get money out. Well…one of the cash points happens to be next to Reppin Ink…and who decides to walk out…Sketch does…and says hello, (Sketch if you are reading this, I apologise for our terrible hungover state.)

To conclude my rambling post…if you are going to get a tattoo, my piece of advice is to find a picture or design that you like, and put it in a place that you can look at every day for a couple of months, and if you still love it, then you know you will love it for life…however going into a shop and then picking the tattoo doesn’t always mean that you will love it for life. Also I’d like to thank Sketch for making my first tattoo an amazing experience and giving me a beautiful tattoo. Likewise, I’d like to thank Sophie and my Mum for going with me, and letting me talk about it for the next two weeks without complaining. Another quick note, thank you Sophie for letting me loose on your blog once again, I think I’m really starting to get the hang of this blogging malarkey.

Do you have any tattoos?! Let me know in the comments below!
Thank you for reading, maybe Sophie will allow me to do this again soon.
Kate

xxxxx

Comments

  1. I always kept thinking about the Quality Guest Posts but was never able to do.
    But after reading this tips I have got an idea. I have written many good articles but couldn’t reap much benefit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Back to Top