Out with the mauve & in with the nude

Spring/Summer is the perfect time to add to your lipstick collection... it's out with the mauve and in with the nude (goodbye clouds of grey, hello skies of blue), yes I did just modify a High School Musical reference...I'm very proud of that so I'm copyrighting it haha (©).
https://instagram.com/petalsofperfection/
If someone was to ask me what I thought was my best facial feature, I would say my lips... I don't know why! So this is why I love lipsticks and lip pencils... I am trying to be more adventurous with my lipstick and I am constantly looking for new colours. A lot of people ask me about the lipstick I am wearing in my profile pictures ... so if you want to know more about that one then check out this post.

There are 2 lip products that I have been loving at the moment, so I thought I'd share them with you :)
Both of the products are drugstore and they are the perfect shades for Spring!

If you like the nude Kylie Jenner lip then these two products are a must have! You don't need to splash the cash on a Mac Velvet Teddy lipstick when you can buy two lip products for less than half the price of a Mac lipstick!



Rimmel London Kate Moss (03) is the perfect dupe for Velvet Teddy... retailing at just £5.49, which is £2.00 less than half the price of a Mac lipstick... it is clearly a winner!
It's a perfect nude, which is slightly matte with some sheen. I would say that the colour is like your natural lip colour but a bit more... if you know what I mean. It's a great daytime shade, which looks perfect with both minimal and smoky eyes. It staying power is reasonable, however I did begin to get that 'lip liner' look after a few hours *we've all been there*.




Similarly, the Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick in the shade (630) Nude Perfection is equally a great dupe for the Mac Velvet Teddy. I prefer this one out of the two as it last so much longer, because of it being more of a pencil/crayon then a sheen lipstick. I wore it the other day and I only had to reapply once throughout the whole day... it is amazing! 


It's definitely more matte then the Kate Moss lipstick and it does not dry the lips out at all! I haven't got a bad thing to say about this product... and at only £4.99...What a bargain! I will definitely be collecting every single shade out of this collection <3



So want the perfect nude lip?! Go and grab these two beautiful lipsticks to give you that easy leap into the Spring make up trends <3
 Comment below your must have lipsticks at the moment... I'd love to find more to add to my collection!

Comments

Back to Top