Let's Get Naked...

NUDES NUDES NUDES, I love nudes ... well, not them kinds of nudes but even better... Nude lipsticks!

You cannot go wrong with a nude lipstick! All I own are different shades of nudes, I like the fact I can wear them everyday and they're also perfect and sleek for a night out! They go with EVERY makeup look and skin tone. If you don't own any nude lipsticks; then 1: what the hell are you doing with your life 2: This is the post for you ;) 
Now, I've tried my fair share of nude lipsticks, drugstore and high end and I think I have finally found my holy grails, so I thought I would share them with you! 3/4 are high end, so I am sorry if you cannot push to this budget however, they are worth every penny and last so much longer then the drugstore ones I have tried. 
As you can see from the swatches in the image above, they are all very similar (minus MAC Brave). I tend to steer away from MAC Brave in these colder months as it is more of a summery lipstick, so it is 100% coming to Ibiza with me! Although, it is still an amazing nude if you want something with a hint of colour. I'm not the biggest fan of pinks, I do prefer a brown under toned nude (as you can probably tell haha)... so buying 'Brave' certainly was a brave step for me... see what I did there ;) 
This is the perfect lipstick for people who want it look like 'their lips but more', if that makes any sense at all ahah! It retails at £15, which you could argue is a bit pricey for one lipstick however, MAC lipsticks literally stay on forever, I very rarely have to top it up throughout the day, unlike some of my drugstore ones. This has a gorgeous satin finish leaving your lips looking partly matte with a hint of shine. 

If you're looking for more a matte brown under toned lipstick then Charlotte Tilbury's Very Victoria is what you need! It's very similar to MAC Velvet Teddy but I personally think it's better! It lasts longer and has the nicest brown tone to it; suiting all skin tones, however, it is £23 so start saving your pennies! It's actually inspired by Victoria Beckham so what's not to like? Unleash your inner posh spice.... 
The lipstick has tree and orchid extracts in it, which means it softens, protects and hydrates your lips to make them look healthy and young. It also includes 3D glowing pigments to create the illusion of fuller lips, which is definitely a craze at the moment (thanks Kylie)! AND the best thing... it is kiss proof... It does not budge at all!

MAC Velvet Teddy is very very similar to Very Victoria however, I find this one to be quite drying after a while, which is expected from a matte lipstick. Although, as you can tell by the picture... I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! It was my first ever MAC lipstick which I kindly got for my 18th, but as you can see, it has seen better days haha! 
I'm not going to bang on too much about this lipstick as I have written a whole post dedicated to it over here! But just to give you a brief description; this lipstick is a very deep-toned beige, which gives you that 'classic, sophisticated' look that is SO popular at the moment! Gone are the days of classic red lips... 

Now, this last one I'm still 'uming and ahring' about... I only bought it the other day but I wanted to include it in this post as liquid lipsticks are a massive 'thing' right now, and I am 10000% jumping on that bandwagon. I think this is the PERFECT dupe for the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits as well as, MAC liquid lipstick in 'Lady Be Good'. 
It is of course MUA Luxe Lip Lacquer in the shade 'Tranquility'. It only costs £3, which is already a winner with me! I'm yet to know how long it lasts, or whether it is drying, but I know that this is a good 'starter' lipstick if you are just wanting to get used to liquid lipsticks, especially if you are questioning whether to take the plunge into the depths of the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits... THAT POSTAGE THOUGH </3
It gives you the perfect velvet-matte pout and it has such great pigment especially considering it is a drugstore product. It feels like it would last a long time, just from the time I quickly tried it on... not 100% sure if it's 'kiss proof' but I'm guessing it would take a lot for it to budge! 

And that is it for my 'must have nudes! Sorry I'm so useless are describing products but you all get the general idea (I hope) ;) If you would like to see my do any particular make up looks with these lipsticks then let me know in the comments below! I feel that all these lipsticks give you that perfect sleek, striped back, 'naked' look!

What's your favourite?
Have you tried any of these?
Let me know in the comments below!

Sorry if my posts are a bit hit and miss over the next month... I am busy revising and pushing through the last bit of the first year of uni, but bear with me... the summer will be busy with blogging blogging blogging (and possibly vlogging, if I get the balls to do it!)

Comments

  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hauteher tips for

    ladies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Back to Top