5 Reasons Why I Am Basically Bridget Jones

As I neck my glass of red wine, I sit here thinking 'this is it, I am literally Bridget Jones'. And, do you know what? I am perfectly ok with that! Most people see Bridget Jones as the definition of a human car crash. Me? I see her as a strong, independent woman, who messes up sometimes but always picks herself back up (with help from a bottle of wine of course).

So, I thought it would be fun to list the reasons why I am basically Bridget Jones. Maybe you can relate?

1. I get carried away way too much. 

This one is definitely a big problem for me at the moment. After dating someone new for the past month, it is safe to say my mind gets the better of me and I start worrying. Don't get me wrong, I can have fun but I'm a girl... it is what we do. Right? RiGHt? 

2. I often turn to vodka (or any other alcohol on offer). 

If the tiniest thing goes wrong, vodka is always the answer. It not only numbs the pain, but it makes me proper flirty. What could go wrong? *Spoiler: A lot. 

3. I don't know when to hold back my emotions. 

I mean, I did have therapy for a few months! 

4. I am a socially awkward mess. Even in bed. 

I do have social anxiety so I guess I'm 'allowed' to be a bit of a mess, but I genuinely do wonder why/how people find me sexually attractive.

5. I am always going to be a bit podgy. 

I don't think I'm ever going to be the next Victoria Secret model, and that is ok! I love my body. I love me...


Can you relate to any of these?
Please reassure me that I'm not the only adult who is a total shambles?
Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Back to Top